The International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons and Australian Red Cross invite you to a public forum at the Melbourne Town Hall to mark the 15th anniversary of the International Court of Justice’s landmark ruling on the illegality of nuclear weapons.
The court unanimously held that nations have a legal obligation to pursue in good faith and bring to a conclusion negotiations for the complete elimination of nuclear weapons under strict and effective international control. The forum will focus on the legal and humanitarian case for abolishing nuclear weapons.
- Rt Hon. Malcolm Fraser, former prime minister
- Ms Junko Morimoto, author/Hiroshima survivor
- A/Prof. Tilman Ruff, ICAN chair
- Dr Helen Durham, Red Cross strategic adviser
- Prof. Ramesh Thakur, ANU professor